building services, they will have the ability to manage the entire process in a more effective way. For instance, in terms of decreasing the energy costs, and increasing the efficacy with which the electrical system is working on the premises, investing in dedicated services is more than necessary. However, below you will find more information about the essential aspects you should keep in mind during the process.
Building Information Modeling (BIM) is a virtual 3D design tool used for engineering and construction projects. But it’s something more than just one of those other design software and can be used for various purposes throughout the entire development of the project.
It is wide scale application in the world sheds the light on the expanded scope of the BIM platform. Today we take a look at the scope of BIM and its uses in the industry.
Real Time VisualizationsThe most basic use of BIM is creating a 3D visualization of the facility or building that has to be built. You can add various complex details and levels of information into the BIM model which will help out in making design decisions. BIM takes into consideration all the physical parts that are used to construct a building and can provide real time information about the project. You can see how the windows, stairs, walls turn out in your project and what changes they will bring.
Change CoordinationWhen you are using designing software, you have to implement the changes in the project manually. But BIM has a better scope in change management as all the information is structured in a centralized virtual system. When a specific change is made in the building design, BIM automatically reflects the consequences of the changes on various aspects of the building. So you can know how your decision will play out and whether it will be practical for the project.
Creating SimulationA full-scale operational simulation of the building project can be created using BIM. Apart from architectural data, full depth information about the various functional aspects of the building can also be incorporated into the BIM model. Engineering aspects like the load bearing capacity of the building, plumbing management, ventilation – everything works simultaneously in the BIM model. This advanced simulation of the various features of a building is crucial for the successful development of the project. The simulation is not just limited to the design and construction phase but can be applied for the full life cycle of it.
Concrete DataApart from the design and simulation, a BIM model is also the storehouse of crucial data and information which shape the development of the project. The platform holds information about the budget of the project which can be accessed at any time throughout the project. Data on human resources, coordination also can be accessed and managed through the BIM platform. The value of BIM consulting has been recognized by various institutions including the government. It is effective and saves a significant part of the management and operation cost of the project. The scope for BIM is endless and not just limited to designing, prediction, architecture or management.
Real estate and movable propertyThe existence of expensive property forces people to think of financial compensation on a case of unforeseen situations which can happen with them. All inhabited and uninhabited constructions which are in property, land plots and constructions on them, furniture, equipment, electronics, etc. belong to such property. The insured sum will be paid to the person in case that his property suffers from one of the below-mentioned incidents:
- The fire and destructions which have appeared as a result of fire extinguishing;
- Implosion, explosion, hit of lightning and also damage from falling flying objects or their splinters;
- Various natural cataclysms (hail, flood, earthquake, etc.);
- Malfunctions of sewerage and accidents in water system;
- The losses arising from movement of movable property and real estate damage. If the real estate was leased, and its owner lost the income because of damage than the sum of insurance includes this sum too;
- Harmful actions from the third parties, burglary with and without breaking. If there was no breaking, proofs that there was a theft are necessary;
- Short circuit, current rush, landslide;
- Damage from actions of the third parties which carried out their duties (ambulance, police, etc.) and your property has been damaged in the course of performance of the duties);
- Vandalism, armed attack and robbery.